A while back I learned a recipe for something called a Bowl of Doom.
I know. I know. Its a terrible name...BUT what awesome flavors!
I lost the recipe, so I've kind of had to reinvent it from my memory.
It's one of those dishes that you don't mind having for breakie,
or lunch, or even at midnight. 😜
And...as usual, I forgot to put something on the plate before I took the pic. 😖...the SALSA! Oh, well.
It was still... Bam! And Boom!
Here is what I did:
· 1 lb. Ground Beef, or bison, or…
· 1 large Sweet Potato - peeled and diced small (about 3 cups raw)
· 1 tbsp. Fat, like avocado oil…I like Red Palm Oil
· 1 tsp. Cumin
· Salt and Pepper - to taste
· Dash of Oregano, Cayenne, Garlic Powder,
· 2 Green Onions
· 1-2 tbsp. Cilantro - chopped (optional)
· Avocado, sliced
· 1-2 Eggs, any style...I poach or sunny side up
1) Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add your fat/oil.
2) Sauté the sweet potatoes and lightly season with salt and pepper. Cook until they start to become tender, but not mushy (about 5-6 min).
3) Add your ground beef. Stir and mix until hash is blended.
4) Add and mix in, the cumin, salt and pepper to taste, and any of the optional spices/herbs. I like oregano, cayenne, garlic powder, and paprika.
5) Turn the heat down to low, add chopped green onions and if you like, cilantro. Leave on low heat to stay warm while you prepare your eggs. (I like poached or Sunny Side Up.)
6) Dish your hash into 2 or 3 bowls. Top each with the eggs, half of a sliced avocado, a side of spicy salsa!
Post a Comment
Thanks for your message. Please come back for more recipes, ideas and fun!